By participating in TAL SpotChecker you agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions.
- Where Participants have completed the TAL SpotChecker screening and wish to book an appointment with a GP or skin specialist, an appointment can be booked through the HealthEngine Pty Ltd 19 138 767 021 site (HealthEngine).
- HealthEngine is a booking tool that connects Participants with qualified health professionals. Participants are not required to make a booking through HealthEngine but have the option to do so. If a Participant uses HealthEngine, the HealthEngine website terms and conditions will apply.
- HealthEngine is not affiliated with TAL and TAL and its related bodies corporate do not have control over, or responsibility for, booking services provided by HealthEngine or the way in which HealthEngine uses Participant’s information. TAL does not have access to any information provided by a Participant to HealthEngine.
- As part of the TAL SpotChecker initiative , TAL is working with Firstcheck Ltd ARN 3000 1368 3379 / NZBN 9429042067047 (Firstcheck) to provide Participants with access to the Firstcheck App and Firstcheck Skin Check Package. These applications will enable Participants to send skin photographs directly to skin cancer experts to facilitate regular self-skin checks at home.
- The Firstcheck App and a Firstcheck Skin Check Package (which includes a Firstcheck SkinScope™ and a first in-app doctor consultation) is available to all Participants. The Firstcheck website terms and conditions of use will apply to a Participant’s use of the FirstCheck applications.
- All photographs submitted via the FirstCheck App will be reviewed by a registered doctor with skin cancer expertise and where skin cancer or lesions suspicious of skin cancer are identified, the doctor will recommend that the Participant attend a follow-up in-person appointment for a diagnosis to be made.
- Firstcheck provides a preliminary screening service and does not provide a diagnosis.
- If you choose to use Firstcheck, you acknowledge that FirstCheck is not affiliated with TAL. TAL and its related bodies corporate do not have control over, or responsibility for, services provided by FirstCheck or the way in which FirstCheck uses Participant’s information. TAL does not have access to any information provided by a Participant through the FirstCheck App.
Use of Participant information
- TAL will only use the information collected from Participants for the limited purposes of providing reminder communications to Participants to visit a medical professional for skin cancer screening and seeking feedback from Participants on their experience in relation to the screening. Participant information will be stored by TAL for 7 years.
- As part of the TAL SpotChecker screening, Participants may provide additional information directly to the health care professional carrying out the screening. This information may include additional contact information for the Participant and information relate to the Participant’s medical history. This information may fall within the definition of Sensitive Information as specified in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and will include any medical notes made by the health professional relating to the Participant during the screening.
- TAL will not collect, have access to, or store, any information provided by a Participant to the health care professional at TAL SpotChecker mobile clinics relating to the Participant’s medical history. This information will be retained by the Australian Skin Cancer Clinics. If an irregular spot is identified on the Participant during TAL SpotChecker, as part of Australian Skin Cancer Clinics’ duty of care, the health care professional may complete a follow up process to determine whether advice and/or treatment has been sought by the Participant.
- TAL will keep confidential all Participant information collected by TAL through the TAL SpotChecker initiative.
- TAL will store Participant information in a segregated place on its internal IT system away from any life insurance policy data.
Liability and release
- By participating in TAL SpotChecker, HealthEngine or the Firstcheck experience, Participants agree to release, discharge and hold TAL, and any of its partners who are engaged in this campaign on behalf of TAL, harmless from any claim, cause of action, proceeding or demand that they may have now or in the future connected with TAL SpotChecker, HealthEngine or the Firstcheck experience.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, TAL, and any of its partners who are executing this campaign on behalf of TAL, specifically disclaims and excludes any and all liability (including any indirect, incidental, consequential or special loss damage) to Participants that may arise in connection with TAL SpotChecker, HealthEngine or the Firstcheck experience.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, and TAL and the Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
Should you have any further questions or wish to discuss this further, please contact us via email on email@example.com.