TAL Services Limited (TAL) is undertaking an initiative of providing free skin cancer screening to up to 1,000 participants in total over 10 days and helping to raise awareness of the risk of skin cancers (TAL SpotChecker).
TAL SpotChecker provides the opportunity for participants to attend one of the TAL SpotChecker mobile sites and undergo a preliminary skin cancer screening with a qualified health professional provided by Australian Skin Cancer Clinics (otherwise known as Matrix Skin Cancer Clinics Pty Ltd ACN 150 513 223).
In addition, TAL is working with Firstcheck Ltd ARN 3000 1368 3379 / NZBN 9429042067047 (Firstcheck) to provide participants with access to the Firstcheck App and Firstcheck SkinScope™ enabling you to send skin photographs direct to skin cancer experts to facilitate regular self-skin checks at home (Firstcheck experience).
TAL SpotChecker experience
- No purchase or payment is required to participate in TAL SpotChecker.
- TAL SpotChecker and the Firstcheck experience is open to anyone over 18 years of age (Participants). A consent form will need to be completed for TAL SpotChecker.
- TAL reserves the right to refuse any Participant in its sole discretion.
- TAL SpotChecker will conduct a preliminary screening and if any irregular spots are found, the Participant will be referred to a medical professional to determine a diagnosis.
- TAL SpotChecker is a preliminary screening, not a firm diagnosis.
- By participating in TAL SpotChecker, the Participant agrees to these terms and conditions, and the TAL SpotChecker Consent Form.
- Participants can opt in and access the Firstcheck App and a Firstcheck Skin Check Package (which includes a Firstcheck SkinScope™ and your first in-app doctor consultation).
- All photographs submitted via the Firstcheck app will be reviewed by a registered doctor with skin cancer expertise and where skin cancer or lesions suspicious of skin cancer are found, the Participant will be recommended to attend a follow-up in-person appointment to determine a diagnosis.
- Firstcheck is a preliminary screening, not a firm or final diagnosis.
- If you elect to use Firstcheck, you agree that TAL and any of its related bodies corporate have no liability for the Firstcheck service. The Firstcheck service (and any liability associated with its provision) is provided by Firstcheck and not TAL.
- By participating in the Firstcheck experience, the Participant agrees to these terms and conditions.
Consent to use data for a limited purpose
- By participating in TAL SpotChecker (but not the Firstcheck experience), TAL gains access to data and information generated from Participants in the program (Data). Participants acknowledge and agree that this Data will contain Personal Information and Sensitive Information (as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act 1988) relating to them. By participating in TAL SpotChecker, Participants consent to the collection and use by TAL of the Data obtained in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- TAL will only use the Data for the limited purposes of providing reminder communications to Participants to visit a medical professional for skin cancer screening.
- Upon TAL using the Data in accordance with paragraph 9 above, all Data in respect of the Participant will be segregated from TAL systems and records. Data will be stored for 7 years.
- The skin specialists will retain Participants’ information, such as their name, contact details and medical notes. This Data will be held securely for the purpose of maintaining the Participants medical history. This information will not be shared with TAL. The way in which Australian Skin Cancer Clinics or Firstcheck collect, use, secure and disclose Personal Information and Sensitive Information is set out in their Privacy Policies, which is made available on the day of the TAL SpotChecker or at your request.
- If an irregular spot is identified on the Participant during TAL SpotChecker, as part of Australian Skin Cancer Clinics’ duty of care, the skin specialist will complete a follow up process to ensure that advice and/or treatment is sought by the Participant.
- TAL will keep all Data obtained by TAL SpotChecker confidential.
- TAL will store the Data in a segregated place on its internal IT system away from any life insurance policy data.
Liability and release
- By participating in TAL SpotChecker of the Firstcheck experience, Participants agree to release, discharge and hold TAL, and any of its partners who are engaged in this campaign on behalf of TAL, harmless from any claim, cause of action, proceeding or demand that they may have now or in the future connected with TAL SpotChecker or the Firstcheck experience.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, TAL, and any of its partners who are executing this campaign on behalf of TAL, specifically disclaims and excludes any and all liability (including any indirect, incidental, consequential or special loss damage) to Participants that may arise in connection with TAL SpotChecker or the Firstcheck experience.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, and TAL and the Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
Should you have any further questions or wish to discuss this further, please contact us via email: email@example.com.