What is an Income Protection Summary?
When will my IP summary become available?
How can I access my IP Summary?
If you have opted to receive email communications, your summary will be emailed to you. If you have requested to have all communications posted to you, you will receive your summary in the mail.
Some policies are also eligible to register for myTAL; and you may be able to download another copy of your IP Summary online.
Is my policy eligible to register for myTAL?
You may be able to register for myTAL if:
- Your policy has only one Policy Owner
- The Policy Owner is also the Life Insured
- The Policy Owner is an individual, rather than entity or company
- For SMSF policies, there is only one life insured
My policy is eligible to register for myTAL. How do I register?
If your policy is eligible, here’s how to register for myTAL:
- Go to our registration page and enter your email address
- Click on ‘send confirmation email’
- Go to your email and click on the link within the confirmation email
- Complete the registration details
When registering, please enter your full name and date of birth exactly as they appear on your Policy Schedule.
Will I receive a payment summary for my Life Insurance, TPD or Recovery Insurance policies?
I’ve registered for myTAL. How do I download another copy of my IP Summary online?
- Login to MyTAL
- Select ‘Statements’ on the left-hand menu
- Select a policy from the policy drop down box
- Select the statement from the statement from down box
- Click on the statement you would like to download
- If you do not see the statement you would like to download click on the ‘Show More’ link’
- Select the financial year you would like to request a statement for, enter your email address and click the button ‘Request PDF Tax Statement(s)’
Will my financial adviser get a copy of my IP summary
I haven’t yet received my IP Summary. Who do I contact about this?
It may take till the end of July for you to receive your summary. However, there are a few reasons you may not receive an IP summary including:
- Your Income Protection cover is funded through Superannuation
- You did not pay any premiums during the 2020-2021 Financial Year
- You made an Income Protection claim during the 2020-2021 financial year.
We recommend you check in with your financial adviser if any of the listed reasons apply to you.