On 9 August 2021, Westpac announced it had agreed with TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited (“TAL”) to sell Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ("WLISL"). The sale of WLISL to TAL was completed on 1 August 2022. Following the sale, WLISL changed its name to TAL Life Insurance Services Limited (TLISL).
We want to provide our customers with the best possible experience. However, like life sometimes things can go wrong.
If you have a complaint about our products, staff, handling of a complaint or the services we've provided (including our obligations under the Life Insurance Code of Practice) please contact us to let us know your concerns. We will do all we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Step 1: Contact our Customer Service team
The first thing you can do is let us know what has occurred.
- Call our Customer Service Centre on: 1800 571 246
Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.30pm (Sydney time)
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Reply Paid, GPO Box 5467, Sydney NSW 2001
One of our customer service consultants may be able to resolve the issue immediately or within 5 business days.
If your complaint cannot be resolved within 5 business days, it may be escalated to our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team.
Step 2: Contact the Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team
If your complaint cannot be resolved within 5 business days, it may be escalated to our IDR team. You may also contact our IDR team directly by:
- Phone: 1300 795 877
Overseas callers: +61 2 9996 8400
- Email: IDRcomplaints@tal.com.au
- Post: Reply Paid, GPO Box 5380, Sydney NSW 2001
To help the IDR team deal with your complaint quickly, please include the following information:
- The word 'Complaint' in the heading or subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- Details of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents
- Your desired outcome
We recommend you keep a copy of your complaint and any relevant original documents for your records.
The IDR team will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 1 business day or as soon as practicable. They will also make an arrangement with you for keeping you regularly informed about the progress of your complaint.
We always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If the IDR team is unable to resolve your complaint within the maximum timeframe (30 days for standard non-superannuation related and 45 days for superannuation related complaints), they will inform you of the reasons for the delay and let you know when to expect a response to your complaint.
If you are unhappy with the delay or response to your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) as outlined in step 3 below.
For more information about our complaints process, please refer to our Public Complaints Policy.
Step 3: Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
AFCA provides fair and independent financial service complaint resolution that is free to consumers. If your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA:
- Website: www.afca.org.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
- In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
Time limits may apply to complain to AFCA, so you should act promptly or otherwise consult the AFCA website to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances may expire.
Do you need assistance to make a complaint?
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you may like to use the National Relay Service (NRS). The NRS can be contacted on 1300 555 727.
- The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) provides interpreting services to people who do not speak English and to agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National can be contacted on 13 14 50.
- You can also authorise someone to make a complaint on your behalf. You will need to confirm your authority in writing. You can amend or withdraw this authorisation at any time.
- Please let us know if you need additional assistance to make a complaint and we will let you know the options available. We always aim to accommodate any request to make it easy for you to lodge a complaint.