TAL Health Sense
The rewards of taking care of your health
TAL Health Sense currently involves two kinds of prevention activities:
- Primary prevention, focusing on preventing a condition before it occurs, For example, having a healthy BMI can prevent conditions such as diabetes mellitus. Our TAL Health Sense program is an example of primary prevention.
- Secondary prevention, which is concerned with detecting a condition early to improve health outcomes. This typically occurs through preventative screening programs such as regular blood glucose monitoring to identify diabetes mellitus at an early stage. Our TAL Health Sense Plus program is an example of Secondary prevention.
TAL Health Sense
We created the TAL Health Sense BMI discount to support and encourage your long-term good health, by offering up to 15% off your Accelerated Protection Life, Critical Illness and/or TPD Insurance premiums if your BMI is between 19.0 and 28.0.
It’s quick and simple to access with your financial adviser: just confirm your BMI when you’re applying for insurance with TAL and your discount will be calculated and applied automatically.
- Discounts of up to 15% on Life, Critical Illness and/or TPD insurance.
- Applied to your policy for life.
- No tests, extra application forms or membership fees.
Already have an Accelerated Protection policy with us?
Call us today to find out whether you have a TAL Health Sense BMI discount applied already.
TAL Health Sense Plus
Did you know more than 1 in 2 cancers could be avoided with a combination of a healthy lifestyle and regular screening?1
Through TAL Health Sense Plus, we want to help you learn about the importance and rewards of preventative screening tests, which can detect and even prevent many serious conditions, including cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Many preventative screening tests can be performed by your GP in just a few minutes. With TAL Health Sense Plus, we reward your proactive health care and a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) with a 5% premium discount on Accelerated Protection Life, Critical Illness and TPD Insurance premiums for up to two years before revalidation is required.
How TAL Health Sense Plus works
For eligible customers who hold policies with an Accelerated Protection PDS dated 27 March 2020 or earlier, complete these easy steps to receive 5% off your Life, Critical Illness and/or TPD Insurance premiums for up to two years at a time from your next policy anniversary:
To confirm you took a preventative test, upload a copy of the GP’s invoice, referral letter or other confirmation of a preventative test from your GP. We don't need the test results, this is between you and your GP
For eligible customers with stepped premiums policies with an Accelerated Protection PDS dated 1 April 2021 or later, who have a BMI of 19.0 and 28.0 (inclusive) the 5% TAL Health Sense Plus discount on your premiums will be automatically applied from day one of your policy.
You can retain this discount by reconfirming your BMI is within the TAL Health Sense range (19.0 – 28.0 (inclusive)) and taking a preventative screening test every two years.
1 CANCERAUSTRALIA.GOV.AU (2018).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to limit additional pressure on our health care system and to ensure our medical and general practitioners can attend to those in the community with urgent needs, TAL Health Sense Plus has been paused temporarily and invitations to participate are currently not being given. We hope to begin offering TAL Health Sense Plus again soon.