Leading Australian life insurance specialist, TAL, has today launched the 2020 prospectus for its industry-leading adviser education program, the TAL Risk Academy.
Building on the record uptake rates and overwhelmingly positive feedback from the adviser community last year, the 2020 program has been developed to meet the evolving needs and priorities of advisers in a changing industry, including 18 new or refreshed courses.
The extremely popular FASEA Exam Masterclasses, which attracted nearly 2,500 advisers and provided more than 12,000 CPD hours of education in 2019, will return in 2020 alongside new offerings, such as an Ethics and Dilemmas Masterclass and a course to help advisers integrate the Professional Year requirements into their businesses.
Now in its sixth year, the TAL Risk Academy supports advisers with their education needs through flexible learning options. The program includes a range of in-person and online courses covering topics such as excellence in advice, ethics, business management and more.
TAL Head of Licensees and Partnerships, Beau Riley, said, “With an ever-evolving industry dynamic, TAL is continually looking for ways to better support advisers in meeting new educational requirements and navigating the changing advice industry.
“We have designed TAL Risk Academy as a program enabling advisers to broaden their skill base and uplift their professional and personal knowledge, while continuing to deliver value for clients.
“With the popularity of last year’s program, we know we’re providing a quality educational offering that helps advisers transition into the new industry landscape and build a sustainable, stronger future for their businesses.”
The 2020 TAL Risk Academy program offers more than 80 courses. Included among the new courses this year are:
• Latest FASEA Exam Updates – Following on from the Masterclass, this course covers the latest updates released from FASEA, further training support on key areas advisers need to be across as well as practice exam questions
• Ethics and Dilemmas Masterclasses – an interactive Masterclass which will help advisers navigate ethical obligations and effectively integrate them into their businesses
• Helping Advisers Meet Degree Requirements – a course that provides a framework to help advisers with degree requirements
• What Does a Profitable Financial Planning Business Look Like – a course exploring ways to help guide financial advice firms towards unlocking their full potential
• Navigating Professional Year Requirements – a course designed to support advisers to integrate the Professional Year requirements more easily into their businesses.
TAL Risk Academy was launched in 2015 and the program has evolved based on adviser feedback and to adapt to the shifting industry landscape.
The TAL Risk Academy masterclasses attract a fee that is donated to the Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) Scholarship Foundation (ABCN), a not-for-profit organisation that connects business with disadvantaged children to improve their education. Through TAL Risk Academy, TAL donated a record $209,900 to the ABCN Scholarship Foundation in 2019 to fund 14 of the 31 ABCN scholarships awarded in 2020. Since the launch, TAL Risk Academy has raised more than $450,000 for its charity partners via the Masterclass series.
To enroll in the TAL Risk Academy or download a copy of the 2020 Prospectus, advisers can contact their TAL Business Development Manager or visit: https://adviser.tal.com.au/risk-academy.