If there is an immediate threat to you or your loved ones, please call emergency services on 000.Quick Exit
We're here to help
Family and domestic violence can affect anyone. It usually involves violent, threatening or abusive behaviour enacted by a former or current family member, with the intention of coercion or control, causing fear or harm.
Domestic and family violence can include, but isn’t limited to:
- physical violence
- sexual assault
- emotional or verbal abuse
- psychological abuse or controlling behaviour
- financial abuse, and
- abuse of older Australians.
We recognise that everyone’s situation and needs are different. We’re committed to supporting our customers and employees if they experience family and domestic violence.
If you’re affected by family and domestic violence there are people you can talk to and services that can help.
For confidential counselling, information and support call 1800RESPECT anytime, on 1800 737 732.
Find more information on the 1800RESPECT website.
- We will always treat our customers with empathy, respect and understanding
- We will treat all information disclosed as confidential
- We will train our relevant staff on how to support customers who are experiencing family violence
- We will support any TAL staff member who is affected by family violence through various support services, additional leave and flexible working arrangements
- We will work with industry bodies and consumer groups to continue to refine our approach to supporting customers affected by family violence
For customers who are experiencing family violence we will
Provide financial relief options as outlined in our Financial Hardship policy
- Offer expert external support services
- Be flexible in our approach to claims and provide additional support for claimants through the claims process
- Refer them to emergency services if there is an immediate threat of harm, as their safety is paramount