TAL, one of Australia’s leading life insurers, has been recognised as one of Australia’s leading promoters of workplace equality after being named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the sixth consecutive year. TAL has also maintained gender pay equity for all employee roles.
The citation is awarded by the Commonwealth Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) to organisations that meet rigorous standards in workplace gender equality and demonstrate an active commitment to achieving gender equality.
“To be recognised as one of just 119 Australian businesses with this Employer of Choice citation is a real honour and tremendous recognition of our ongoing effort to foster a diverse and inclusive culture so our people are valued for who they are and what they can contribute for our customers, partners, colleagues and the community,” said TAL Group CEO & Managing Director and WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador, Brett Clark.
“Over the past 12 months, we have particularly focused on increasing the number of females in leadership roles and maintaining pay equity for all roles at TAL.”
This accolade recognises TAL’s ongoing commitment to enhancing gender equality through initiatives including:
• Maintaining pay equity and undertaking an bi-annual pay gap analysis to ensure pay parity
• Actively working to achieve greater numbers of women in senior leadership roles
• Equal employment policies and training for everyone at TAL
• Providing flexible working options for all TAL people
• Maintaining a focus on gender equality through an active employee action group
• Offering domestic violence leave, training and support
• Parental leave benefits and support for males and females, including continued paid superannuation and staff group insurance coverage for the first 12 months, and guaranteed flexible working options for the first 6 months after returning to work.
“TAL has an ongoing commitment to workplace pay equity and gender equality. These are a key part of our strategy, culture and values, and we will ensure that they remain at the forefront of all business practices – not just to achieve our goals, but for the benefit of our people, our customers and the community.
“We know that our diverse and inclusive work environment benefits everyone, and contributes to our organisation’s ability to understand and support the 4.5 million diverse Australians insured by TAL.”